Anna can help insurance teams automate claims performance analysis, drill into claims trends and spot anomalous claim rates. You can read more here on our website.
This article will cover:
- Example insights from this use case
- Recommended data structure for this use case
What sort of insights can Anna help me uncover?
We've outlined some example questions which Anna can help answer through a combination of her proactive insights, Missions and What caused this? analysis:
Automate claims performance analysis
- Number of Claims by Department
- Average Time to Payment by Agent
- Number of Claims by Policy Type
Drill into claims trends
- Trend of Claims by Claim Reason in Sydney
- Seasonality of Claims
- Compare Claim Amounts for Theft in Metropolitan and Regional areas
- Average Time to Close Claims by Department and Claim Type
Spot anomalous claim rates
- Average Number of Claims per customer
- Claim Amount by Claim Reason in Sydney
- Top 20 Claims by Claim Amount and Claim Reason last quarter
How do I structure my data?
- Anna requires structured, transactional data, with at least 1 measure (e.g. Number of Claims) and 5 segments (e.g. Claim Type). In addition, we recommend at least 7 months of data (at monthly or daily granularity) so you can take full advantage of Anna's Unexpected Changes feature.
Example data structure
Please click on the picture to download a larger copy of the image.
Please refer to this article for more information about data structure.
Here are some of the typical segments we find in revenue data. A segment is a qualitative value, like names or categories:
- Claim attributes: Claim reason, Claim type, Team, Department etc.
- Policy attributes: Policy type, Policy name, Months since last claim, Agent assigned, claim channel, coverage type etc.
- Claimant attributes:, Age, Gender, Location, etc.
A measure is a quantitative, numeric value. Some of the typical measures include customer ID, number of claims, claim amount, time to close claims, time to payment etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.