Uploading data into Anna is simple! Follow the eLearning below which simply lays out how to upload data into Anna.
Use the following steps to upload data into Hyper Anna:
To get started click on blue "Add dataset via Admin Portal" within the Datasets tab in Hyper Anna
1. From the Admin Portal, click on Datasets in the menu bar.
2. Click on Add a New Dataset, which can be found at the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
3. Give your new dataset a name and click Continue.
Our recommendation is to keep it simple and reusable; dataset labels with dates/months (Supermarket_data_20200101), or version numbers (Supermarket_data_v2) are not recommended.
4. Choose your preferred data source, by clicking on its icon and clicking Continue.
There are two ways to connect data to Anna: direct database connection or .csv file upload.
Anna will provide a preview of your data, so you can validate that what you uploaded is correct before pressing Analyse. At this point we recommend checking your Date format to be in a YYYY format, Anna does not support YY formats.
6. If you are happy with the preview, press Analyse, at which point Anna will begin analysing your data.
7. Finally, Anna will ask you to confirm your column fields are correct. If you want to change or update any selections, it’s quick and easy. You can update column headings, or simply toggle off columns you don't want to show in Anna on the right hand side.
There may be some columns that have been greyed out by Anna, fret not! If it's still required for you to analyse them, simply toggle them back on. The main reason for Anna switching that column off is due to a large proportion of missing data in that column.
Anna will identify key attributes, and ask you to confirm if they are correct:
Dates: Indicators of time
For the Date fields please specify your Financial Year Start Month and if it should be the Default Date. Default Dates are those which Anna will use as default in Discover and Search, unless otherwise specified in the Search question
Segments: Dimensions you can break your measures down by - e.g. Categorical fields such as Departments, Age Groups, Gender, Supplier Names
Measures: Fields Anna can sum or aggregate - e.g. numeric fields such as Sales Amounts, Quantities, Spend Amount, Expense Amount etc...
For the Measure fields please specify if this is a good thing when it increases (e.g. its good when sales increases, it's not good when costs increases) and Can this be aggregated over time? Most of the time it is yes, unless you have something like a bank balance, where you cannot sum the balance over time.
It is really important to remember that you can change the column names in Anna, therefore we recommend trying to make them as natural language as possible. For example:
"Claim_Number" change to "Claims"
"Sale_Amount_inc_GST" change to "Sales"
"Dept_Desc" change to "Department"
"Vendor_Supply_Name" change to "Supplier"
8. Once you have completed your review, click Upload to Anna and that's it! Anna will automatically generate insights, meaning there's no need to start from scratch building dashboards, views, or visualisations. All of that is taken care for you by Anna, so you can get straight to discovering insights and making data driven decisions.
9. The final step before the data is ready for business users is to provide context on what Anna is calling out for your business. Learn how you can tailor the insights that Anna highlights to be relevant to your business here.
Video 2: Introduction to Admin Portal
Don't feel like watching? Read below instead.