Anna can help finance teams automate expense analysis, track spending in real-time and spot unexpected expense claims. You can read more here on our website.
This article will cover:
- Example insights from this use case
- Recommended data structure for this use case
What sort of insights can Anna help me uncover?
We've outlined some example questions which Anna can help answer through a combination of her proactive insights, Search, and What caused this? analysis:
Automate expense analysis
- Expenses by department
- Show me a breakdown of expenses by expense type
- Spend by Vendor month on month
- Split of spend by office location
Track spending in real-time
- Expenses by department last week
- Top 10 teams by entertainment spend last month
- How are IT hardware expenses tracking this quarter?
- Quarter on quarter spend compared to the previous comparable period for Q1 FY20
Spot unexpected expense claims
- Expenses by team last month
- Entertainment expenses on Saturday or Sunday last month
- Percentage growth for expenses by team last week
How do I structure my data?
- Anna requires structured, transactional data, with at least 1 measure (e.g. Expense amount) and 5 segments (e.g. Expense category). In addition, we recommend at least 7 months of data (at monthly or daily granularity) so you can take full advantage of Anna's Unexpected Changes feature.
Example data structure
Please refer to this article for more information about data structure.
Here are some of the typical segments we find in expense data. A segment is a qualitative value, like names or categories:
- Employee attributes: Employee name, Expense report approver name, employee rank, employee team name, employee department name, etc.
- Expense attributes: Expense category, expense detail, Vendor, Vendor status, etc.
- Other attributes: Employee office location (in natural language, e.g. Sydney, Melbourne, etc.)
A measure is a quantitative, numeric value. Some of the typical measures include expense amount, tax amount, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.