Before reading this article, please make sure you have read the general steps on how to upload data, available here.
Connecting to a .csv or .zip file is quick and easy
It's really useful to be able to quickly upload a .csv or .zip file into Anna to enable ad-hoc analysis. As it's simple to drag and drop a file into Anna, it's easy for any user to do, regardless of skill level.
1. Drag and drop your .csv or .zip file, or click within the box to browse your files.
2. Anna will provide a preview of your data, so you can validate that what you uploaded is correct before pressing Analyse.
3. If you are happy with the preview, press Analyse, at which point Anna will begin analysing your data. As part of this process, Anna will identify key attributes, such as:
- Unique values, and
Anna will also understand how the attributes should be treated and interpreted. For example, Anna will automatically identify that it’s good when revenue increases, and that you can aggregate the totals over time. Anna also flags data quality issues that could impact the insights; for example columns that have lots of missing data.
5. Finally, Anna will ask you to confirm your column fields are correct. If you want to change or update any selections, it’s quick and easy. You can update column headings, or simply toggle off columns you don't want to show in Anna.
6. Once you have completed your review, click Upload to Anna and that's it! Anna will automatically generate insights, meaning there's no need to start from scratch building dashboards, views, or visualisations. All of that is taken care for you by Anna, so you can get straight to discovering insights and making data driven decisions.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.