Before reading this article, please make sure you have read the general steps on how to upload data, available here.
Direct database connection
A direct database connection enables you to easily deliver scalable insights to your business. Anna can connect to any ODBC compatible database, common database examples include MYSQL, MS SQL and POSTGRES. It is simple to connect your database to Anna, and you can schedule your data to be refreshed automatically so that users always have the most up to date information.
1. Using the Database Type dropdown, select your database type and complete the necessary details. Click Test Connection once you have completed the relevant details. If successful, Connection Verified will appear in the bottom right of your screen.
2. Underneath Test Connection, you can choose a table in your database or write a query statement to define what data is imported into Anna.
We recommend your query statements are less than 64,000 characters - please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with longer queries.
This is how you can merge different datasets in Anna or include logic that is currently used in your reporting.
3. Anna will provide a preview of your data so you can validate that what you have connected is correct before pressing Analyse.
4. If you are happy with the preview, press Analyse, at which point Anna will begin analysing your data. As part of this process, Anna will identify key attributes, such as:
- Unique values, and
Anna will also understand how the attributes should be treated and interpreted. For example, Anna will automatically identify that it’s good when revenue increases, and that you can aggregate the totals over time. Anna also flags data quality issues that could impact the insights; for example columns that have lots of missing data.
5. Finally, Anna will ask you to confirm your column fields are correct. If you want to change or update any selections, it’s quick and easy. You can update column headings, or simply toggle off columns you don't want to show in Anna.
6. Once you have completed your review, click Upload to Anna and that's it! Anna will automatically generate insights, meaning there's no need to start from scratch building dashboards, views, or visualisations. All of that is taken care for you by Anna, so you can get straight to discovering insights and making data driven decisions.
How do I upload data?
What type of data can be used in Anna?
What sort of data connections does Anna support?
Where is Hyper Anna and my data hosted?
How do I connect to a .csv or .zip file?
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.