Anna can help procurement teams identify cost savings, optimise pricing and support supplier negotiation and vendor management. You can read more here on our website.
This article will cover:
- Example insights from this use case
- Recommended data structure for this use case
What sort of insights can Anna help me uncover?
We've outlined some example questions which Anna can help answer through a combination of her proactive insights, Search, and What caused this? analysis:
Identify cost savings
- Spend by site location
- Unit price trend for Product last financial year
- Spend with non-preferred vendors last quarter
- Spend by contract manager
- Unit price trend by Product Category
- Unit price trend by Product by Vendor
- Unit price variance for a particular product
- Spend by vendor
Support supplier negotiation & vendor management
- Expired contracts by contract manager
- Spend by contract status this financial year
- Spend with preferred vendors last financial year
How do I structure my data?
- Anna requires structured, transactional data, with at least 1 measure (e.g. Spend) and 5 segments (e.g. product names). In addition, we recommend at least 7 months of data (at monthly or daily granularity) so you can take full advantage of Anna's Unexpected Changes feature.
- Anna can connect to databases and .csv files.
Example data structure
Please click on the picture to download a larger copy of the image.
Please refer to this article for more information about data structure.
Here are some of the typical segments we find in revenue data. A segment is a qualitative value, like names or categories:
- Vendor attributes: Vendor name, vendor status, vendor category, etc.
- Product attributes: Product description, product sub-description, material description, etc.
- Company attributes: Site/office location, project name, project description, entity, etc.
- Other attributes: contract manager, contract status, ordering department, orderer name etc.
A measure is a quantitative, numeric value. Some of the typical measures include spend, quantity purchased, unit price, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.