1. Dataset Guide
Every dataset uploaded to Anna should contain a Dataset Guide. This can be found in the top right of your page. Simply click on Dataset Guide and it will download as a .pdf.
This guide will cover:
- What is the data about?
- Where does the data come from?
- How often will this data be refreshed?
- Who has access to this data?
- When I’m using Anna, where can I go for help?
- Data dictionary
The Dataset Guide can also be found at the top left of the Search section of Anna.
Discover is the perfect landing page, allowing you to quickly, simply and easily understand what's in your data.
Discover helps you to:
- Understand what key business 'measures' are in your data, this will give you a good understanding as to the types of things you will be able to ask Anna questions about.
- Understand the changes in your key business measures without effort.
- Explore what's driving these changes instantly. This will help you see what 'segments' are in your data. Think of segments as the things that you can break you key business measures down by.
- Uncover unexpected changes by viewing anomalies and outliers.
3. Question Builder
Under Search, you will see the question builder at the bottom left of your screen.
Measure will show you all the things you can look at over time. In this example, we have sales and quantity, among others. But for your business, the measures could include claims, expense amount, customers etc.
Segments show the dimensions that you can break down your measures by. Here we might want to look at the measure, "sales" by the segment, "department" in order to understand the top performing areas of the business.
You can also focus your attention on a specific value within a segment. Clicking the pink arrow will display the data points within each segment.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org